- США, Штат Нью Йорк.
- What's up: +13157511678. , Telegram: Marianna Bradley. +13157511678.
BEC Vantage Speaking part 2. Unit 1.
Ways of working
В данном уроке дана лексика на тему "Ways of working". После ознакомления с лексическими единицами Вы приступаете к выполению заданий BEC Vantage Speaking part 2, применяя представленный вокабуляр как в монологической части ( презентации), так и в ответах на представленные вопросы.
A Old and new ways
1. office worker
2. nine-to-five - a typical working day;
3. From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m working hours (= working time) is the period of time that an individual spends at paid occupational labor
4. shift - the time period during which you are at work (day / night shift)
5. flextime - lets you choose when you start and finish work, within certain limits
6. overtime - to work more hours than usual for more money
7. commuter - someone who travels regularly from home in a suburb to work in a city
8. telecommuting - working from home (= teleworking)
9. to clock on (off) - register one’s arrival at (departure from) work
B Nice work if you can get it
1. satisfying, stimulating, - the work is interesting and gives you positive feelings
2. fascinating, exciting
3. dull, boring, uninteresting, - the works is not interesting
5. repetitive, routine - the work involves doing the same things again and again
tiring, tough, hard - the work is difficult and makes you tired demanding
C Nature of work
my work involves human contact
I like / dislike / prefer / enjoy
Examples of Topics
In this part of the test, you are asked to give a short talk on a business topic. You have to choose one of the topics from the three below and then talk for about one minute. You have one minute to prepare your ideas.
1. What is important when working from home ?
- · Identify priorities
- · Adopt a good attitude
- · Time management/productivity
2. What things are most important to be effective at work?
- · Build essential skills
- · Communication skills
- · Career development/learning
Examples of Questions
Briefly answer your partner's questions.
- What do you think about telecommuting work? How do you find it?
- · What kind of work would you never like to do and why?
- · How do you feel about shift and overtime work?
- · How have you used listening skills at your experience?
- · What exactly did your mean saying time management helps you focus on the work?
- · Do you have any ideas how to create effective schedule?
- · How can writing skills help in your work?
- · Do you need particular degree or other certification if you want to apply for a management position?
- What transport would you prefer to use to commute to work?
- Are you good at time management?