BEC Vantage Speaking part 2. Unit 6.
Problems at work
В данном уроке дана лексика на тему Problems at work. После ознакомления с лексическими единицами Вы приступаете к выполению заданий BEC Vantage Speaking part 2, применяя представленный вокабуляр как в монологической части ( презентации), так и в ответах на представленные вопросы.
- discriminated against - if people are treated differently from each other in an unfair way
- sex discrimination - if a woman is unfairly treated just because she is a woman
- glass ceiling - a ‘ceiling’ that prevents minorities and women from getting further than a particular level racial discrimination - if someone is treated unfairly because of their race or racism
- positive discrimination is when help is given in education and employment to groups who were previously discriminated against (= equal opportunities or affirmative action
- dignity at work policy - covering discrimination, bullying and harassment issues
B Bullying and harassment
- sexual harassment - when an employee behaves sexually towards another in a way that they find unwelcome and unacceptable
C Health and safety
- dangerous machinery
- heating and air conditioning
- health and safety issues
- fire hazards
- a bad working environment
- health and safety inspectors
- hazardous substance
- environment - the totality of surrounding conditions
- hazard - a source of danger
- passive smoking - the inhalation of smoke from tobacco products used by others
- team building activities
- first aid - emergency care given before regular medical aid can be obtained
- repetitive strain injury (RSI) - injury to muscles and tendons caused by continuous repetitive use of particular muscle groups
- industrial accidents - an accident caused by dangerous machinery and hazardous substances
Examples of Topics
1. 1. What is important when creating a healthy workplace environment?
- Physical environment and occupational health and safety
- Health and lifestyle practice
2. What is important when improving productivity and reducing costs?
- Team building activities
- Happy corporate culture
- Supportive workplace environment
Examples of Questions
Briefly answer your partner's questions.
- Do you think that positive interaction can help to avoid problems at a workplace?
- Can you practice dealing with workplace problems in your daily life?
- What would you do if you felt intimidated near a co-worker?
- What will you do to overcome your fear and conflict if you deal with a negative co-worker?
- How do you understand health and safety at work?