1. Internal communication.
Внутрикорпоративная коммуникация, 40-50 слов. От вас требуется написать деловое письмо или служебную записку, опираясь на информацию из задания.
- giving instructions
- explaining a development
- asking for comments
- requesting information
- agreeing to requests
Vocabulary for writing business letters
- Dear Mr.Brown
- Dear Ms. White
- Dear Sir •
- Dear Madam
- We are writing to inform you that .../to request... to confirm....to enquire about
- I am contacting you for the following reason. I recently read/heard about… and would like to know .....
- Having seen your advertisement in…., I would like to ….
- Thank you for your order by fax / email / phone.
- Further to your request...I'd like to mention...
- You enquired about...
- However, please note that...
- As an interesting alternative, you might wish to consider...
- It has the following features:
- Please consider this possibility/these possibilities and note the discount will still apply.
- I would suggest a prompt decision on this second option.
Referring to previous contact
- · Thank you for your letter of March 1
- · Thank you for contacting us.
- · In reply to your request,….
- · Thank you for your letter regarding….
- · With reference to our phone conversation …..
- · Further to our meeting last week….
- · It was a pleasure meeting you in….last week/month.
- · I would just like to confirm the main points we discussed on Tuesday.
Making a request
- · We would appreciate it if you would…
- · I would be grateful if you could..
- · Could you please send me….
- · Could you possibly tell us/let us have
- ·In addition, I would like to receive…
- · It would be helpful if you could send us..
- · I am interested in ( obtaining/receiving )…..
- I would appreciate your immediate attention to this.
- · Would you like us to…?
- · We would be happy to…
- · We are quite willing to…
- · Our company would be pleased to…
Giving good news
- We are pleased to announce that…
- I am delighted to inform you that..
- You will be pleased to learn that…
Giving bad news
- · We regret to inform you that…
- · I’m afraid it would not be possible to…
- · Unfortunately, we cannot/we are unable to…
- · After careful consideration we have decided ( not) to….
- · I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with….
- · I am writing to complain about….
- · Please note that the goods we ordered on ( date) have not yet arrived
- · We regret to inform you that our order…. Is now considerably overdue.
- · I would like to query the transport charges which seem unusually high.
- If you do not do this, we will be forced to,,,,,
- · We are sorry for the delay in replying to ...
- · I regret any inconvenience caused (by) ...
- · I would like to apologize for the (delay, inconvenience)...
- · Once again, please accept my apologies for
- · Thank you for your quotation of ...
- · We are pleased to place an order with your company for..
- · We would like to cancel our order n° .....
- · Please confirm receipt of our order.
- · I am pleased to acknowledge receipt of your order n° .....
- · Your order will be processed as quickly as possible.
- · It will take about (two/three) weeks to process your order.
- · We can guarantee you delivery before ...(date)
- · Unfortunately these articles are no longer available / are out of stock.
- · Please send us your price list.
- · You will find enclosed our most recent catalogue and price list.
- · Please note that our prices are subject to change without notice.
- · We have pleasure in enclosing a detailed quotation.
- · We can make you a firm offer of ...
Referring to payment
- · Our terms of payment are as follows ...
- · Our records show that we have not yet received payment of ...
- · According to our records ...
- · Please send payment as soon as possible.
- · You will receive a credit note for the sum of ...
- Enclosing documents
- · I am enclosing ...
- · Please find enclosed ...
- · You will find enclosed ..
- • If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.
- • If I can help in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- • If you require more information ...
- • For further details ...
- • Thank you for taking this into consideration.
- • Thank you for your help.
- • We hope you are happy with this arrangement.
- • We hope you can settle this matter to our satisfaction
Referring to future business
- • We look forward to a successful working relationship in the future.
- • We would be (very) pleased to do business with your company.
- • I would be happy to have an opportunity to work with your firm.
Ending business letters
- · Sincerely, } ◊ Yours sincerely,} for all customers / clients
- · Sincerely yours,} ◊ Yours faithfully, in more formal letters
- · Regards, for those you already know and/or with whom you have a working relationship
- Письмо начинается с обращения, после которого ставят двоеточие. (с новой строки, пропустив строку).
ПРИМЕРЫ: Dear Sally, Dear Mr Brown
- В этом разделе должна быть четко указана причина письма. Это, как правило, 1-2 предложений. Сохраните основные детали вашего письма для основного раздела (Body).
ПРИМЕРЫ: I’m really sorry but I’m not able to go to the meeting at our company’s head office. I can’t attend because of previous arrangements which I can’t change.
- Здесь должны быть раскрыты все аспекты, указанные в задании. Каждый параграф пишут с новой строки, пропустив строчку.
ПРИМЕРЫ: Mr Jan Korwalski, a very good worker, will go instead of me.
Используйте заключительный раздел письма, для указания любых рекомендации или действий, которые должны быть предприняты читателем. Если нет никаких конкретных действий, которые будут предприняты, то вы можете повторить основное сообщение письма кратко. Постарайтесь закончить заметку на положительной ноте.
ПРИМЕРЫ: Please accept my apologies
Эта фраза зависит от степени близости автора и адресата, после неё всегда ставится запятая. (с новой строки, пропустив строку)
ПРИМЕРЫ: Best regards, Natasha
|I’m really sorry but I’m not able to go to the meeting at our company’s head office. The reason is previous arrangements which I can’t change. Mr Jan Korwalski, a very good worker, will go instead of me. Once again, please accept my apologies. Best Regards, Marta Stefanska|
Part 2. Business correspondence.
Деловая корреспонденция, 120-140 слов.
Вам нужно проявить навыки письменной коммуникации с внешними контрагентами.
Обычно от вас требуется разобрать заметки, написанные от руки, и ответить на жалобу, посвятить клиентов или поставщиков в детали о продукте.
|This report deals with the number of customer’s complaints between January 2006 and March 2006 as well as with reasons for those complaints. Complaints in January stood at 300, but in February the number rocketed to 540 because of a computer system breakdown. Finally, after introducing some improvement in the order system the number of complaints fell back to 230. We can point out 3 main reasons for these complaints. Firstly, 16% of them were due to incorrect deliveries. In particular, March saw fewer complaints. Secondly, an excessive time for delivery led to 56% of complaints. The whole delivery system will be reviewed in order to solve the problem. Finally, 28% of complaints were due to a lack of quality in our products. This will be solved by setting up a new quality section in our process. On balance, by resolving the mentioned issues the situation has to be improved.|
~ business correspondence, e.g
~ reports, e.g.
~ proposals, e.g.
Introducing the report
- The aim / purpose of this report is to examine / evaluate / describe / outline / assess (the positive and negative features of two different forms of ….) ( the various options open to people …).
- The following report describes / deals with / evaluates / outlines / presents / provides an account of (…).
- This report aims to provide an overall view of the situation below.
- It will also include / consider / suggest / recommend (…)
- The report is based on a survey conducted among (e.g. college students).
- It is generally accepted that (…)
- The vast majority of (…)
- This is probably due to the fact that (…)
- While / although data is hard to come by, it is thought that …
Predicting the future
- The outlook for young people / jobs / the country is (far from) bright / optimistic / depressing (…)
- The future looks bleak / remains uncertain / is promising (…)
- ...... is expected to
- ..... is likely to...
- One measure which may improve the situation would be to introduce (…)
- I would (strongly) recommend that the (company / college ) should (…)
- In the light of the results of the survey, I would (strongly) advise against (…)
- I feel it would be to our advantage if (…)
- It might be advisable to (…)
- It might be preferable to (…)
- I have no hesitation in recommending (…)
- I am of the opinion that (…) /It is my view that (…)
- It appears that (…)
- In conclusion / On balance / To sum up (…)