CAE Speaking. Part 1.
В 1 части говорения ( CAE Speaking part 1), которая длится всего 1 минуту Вам задудут несколько базовых вопросов о себе.
- What is your name?
- Where are you from?
- And what do you do there/here?
- How long have you been studying English?
- What do you like most about studying English?
- Is English important for your future?
Далее экзаменатор задает вопросы по другим близким Вам темам: хобби, работа, учеба и т.д.
- Tell me about your experience arriving here today.
- What was your day like today?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Tell me about something you celebrated recently.
- Tell me about a story you heard in the news lately.
ПОЛЕЗНЫЙ ВОКАБУЛЯР Cambridge CAE
- I’m into…
- I’m a keen/avid (surfer)
- I’m keen on/fond of (surfing)
- I (go surfing) to unwind, to escape the stresses and strains of my day to day life.
- I like nothing more than (to go surfing)
- I’m itching to try/go…. (I really want to)
Speaking about your city
- I’m from Umbria, which is a region in Central Italy.
- I’m originally from Daegu, which is a small college town in South Korea.
- I’m from Maresme, which is a region just north of Barcelona.
This is also a great opportunity to use the Present Perfect Continuous.
- I’m from Umbria, which is a region in Central Italy. But I’ve been living in San Diego for four months.
- I’m originally from Daegu, which is a small college town in South Korea. However, I’ve been studying English in San Francisco for the last three months.
- I’m from Maresme, which is a region just north of Barcelona. But for the last few months I’ve been living in California.
On Your Childhood
Speaking about your childhood is a great opportunity to use phrasal verbs like GROW UP. It’s also a great way to use the Past Passive.
- Born in
- I was born in Berlin.
- Raised by
- I was raised by my mother and stepfather.
- Grew up in
- I grew up in a small town, just north of Zurich.
- Born and raised
- I was born and raised in Seoul.
On Your Job
When speaking about your job, make sure that you know which preposition to use when speaking about the industry, your company, and your position in the company.
I work in (INDUSTRY)
- I work in sales.
- I work in advertising.
- I work in the marketing industry.
- I work in Human Resources.
I work for (COMPANY)
- I work for a marketing company in Germany.
- I work for an international law firm.
- I work for Nestle.
I work at (COMPANY)
- I work at the Nestle headquarters in (CITY).
- I work at Coca Cola.
- I work at Samsung.
I work on (JOB DUTIES)
- I work on sales reports and payroll.
- I work on new advertising campaigns.
- I work on providing job training to new employees.
I work as (JOB TITLE)
- I work as a banker.
- I work as a lawyer.
- I work as a banker.
Лучше всего соединять данные предложения и использовать сложносочиненные и сложноподчиненные предложения ( complex and compound sentences).
- I work as a lawyer at a law firm in Tokyo.
- I work on sales at an advertising firm in Paris.
- I work in the banking industry. Specifically, I am a mortgage broker for HSBC.
On Your Personal Life
The Cambridge employee will want to know a little about you, so be prepared to talk about your likes, dislikes, and interests. Here are some useful phrases.
- I’m an avid ________________.
- I’m an avid reader. I have hundreds of books in addition to plenty of files on my e-reader.
- I’m a ________________ lover.
- I’m a huge soccer lover, so I usually play with my friends on weekends.
- I’m a big fan of ________________.
- I’m a big fan of music, and in my free time I often go to concerts.
- I’m a ________________ fan.
- I’m a fitness fan, so I’m often found at the gym or outdoors doing something exciting, like hiking.
CAE Speaking Part 2. Long turn.
Во второй части CAE Speaking ( Part 2) каждому кандидату дадут 3 картинки, две из которых нужно будет выбрать и описать в течении 1 минуты. Далее Вы должны коротко ответить на вопросы по картинкам 2-го кандидата.
Look at these pictures. They show people reading.
- Student A: Compare two of these pictures, and say what and why the people might be reading, and how they might be feeling.
- Student B: When your partner has finished talking, answer the following question about all three pictures. Which person is most interested in finding out what is written?
- What might the people be reading and why?
- How might the people be feeling?
ПОЛЕЗНЫЕ ФРАЗЫ ДЛЯ ОПИСАНИЯ КАРТИНОК
- The first thing that strikes me about this picture is…
- The thing that really jumps out of this picture is…
- In this picture it looks as if/though they are…
- They could/might/may be…
- They could/might/may have just…
- I’m pretty sure that they’re feeling…
- I’d guess that they are…
ПОЛЕЗНЫЕ ФРАЗЫ ДЛЯ СРАВНЕНИЯ КАРТИНОК
- Both pictures show…
- In this picture they look as though they are…. Whereas/while in this picture…
- In contrast
- On the other hand
CAE Speaking Part 3: Collaborative task.
В 3 части вам надо будет вести диалог со своим напарником. Вам дают материал с каким-либо заданием. Необходимо в течение 2 минут обсудить задание, а в течение последней минуты прийти к какому-либо общему решению.
После завершения обсуждения экзаменатор задаст еще один вопрос по этой же проблеме. Вы должны обсудить проблему и прийти к совместному решению.
ПОЛЕЗНЫЕ ФРАЗЫ ДЛЯ ВЫРАЖЕНИЯ СВОЕГО МНЕНИЯ
- As far as I’m concerned,
- As I see it,
- From my point of view,
- In my humble opinion,
- I’d say that…
ПОЛЕЗНЫЕ ФРАЗЫ ДЛЯ ВЫРАЖЕНИЯ СВОЕГО СОГЛАСИЯ
- We see eye to eye.
- Yeah, I’d go along with that.
- You took the words right out of my mouth.
- I couldn’t agree more.
- You have a point there.
- I’m with you 100% on this one.
ПОЛЕЗНЫЕ ФРАЗЫ ДЛЯ ВЫРАЖЕНИЯ СВОЕГО НЕСОГЛАСИЯ
- We don’t see eye to eye.
- I take your point but…
- I tend to disagree with you there.
- That’s not always the case
- I beg to differ
- Isn’t it more a case of…
CAE Speaking Part 4: Further discussion.
В 4 части Вы снова ведете диалог со своим напарником по теме, поднятой во время выполнения предыдущего задания. Экзаменатор будет задавать вопросы каждому из кандидатов, а ваша задача — обсудить их.
СПРОСИТЬ МНЕНИЕ СОБЕСЕДНИКА ( ASKING FOR OPINION).
- What’s your take on….?
- Where do you stand on….?
- In my opinion…., would you go along with that?
- What are your thoughts on this?
ПЕРОСОНАЛИЗАЦИЯ СВОЕГО МНЕНИЯ (PERSONALIZING).
- Speaking from personal experience,…
- For me personally,..
- This is a topic that is particularly close to my heart…
- It’s funny I was just thinking about this the other day.
- My gut/initial reaction is…
- If I were to choose one of these situations (part 2 pictures), I’d go with… because…
ПРИЙТИ К ЗАКЛЮЧЕНИЮ ( STARTING TO MAKE A CONCLUSION)
- Let’s get down to the nitty gritty.
- The bottom line is we have to choose one…
- It’s a tough one, I’m torn between … and ….
- Shall we go with ….?
ПОПРОСИТЬ ПОВТОРИТЬ ВОПРОС ИЛИ ВЫСКАЗЫВАНИЕ ( ASKING FOR REPETIOTION)/
- I beg your pardon, I didn’t catch that.
- Sorry would you mind repeating that?
- Could you repeat the question please?
ВОСПРОИЗВЕТИ ВПЕЧАТЛЕНИЕ ( IMPRESSIVE STRUCTURES)
- Another point I’d like to add about … is…
- It’s also worth bearing in mind that…
- Coming back to what (Javi) was saying about …. I’d also like to point out that…
- I think it’s important not to forget that…
- The vast majority of people tend to think that…
- At the end of the day…
- When all’s said and done…