- Read the question carefully.
- Read the incomplete sentences first and don’t look at the endings yet. Try to understand what they mean and highlight any keywords especially names, places or dates.
- Predict what the endings might be before looking at them. Think about what word type (verbs, nouns, adjectives, adverbs) makes the sentence grammatically correct.
- Look at the endings but not in too much detail. Try to see if there are any obvious answers.
- Eliminate endings that definitely cannot match. Think about grammar, collocations, and meaning.
- Match the endings you think might be correct. Write two or three options if necessary.
- Find the correct part of the reading text for each incomplete sentence. Be careful with synonyms and paraphrases.
- Understand the meaning of that part of the text and choose the correct answer.
IELTS Academic Writing Masterclass course
The course is structured in the following way:
- You are given a video lesson with step to step processes and instructions, including structures, grammar vocabulary and helpful tips.
- Then you are presented practical tasks as your assignment. That is the most important part of the course, You are completing the task Following the instructions in the videos to write your high scoring report or essay.
- Then you send it for evaluation and feedback.
- You will be shown where you are doing well and what needs improving.
IELTS Academic Writing Course presentation